In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tuna tataki bowls with white rice and quick pickles
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
A favored Japanese tuna appetizer gets transformed into main course bowls featuring lightly seared seafood plus steamed rice, fresh greens, and quick pickles.
In your bag
- ¾ cup short-grain white rice
- 1 organic celery rib
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Sunbasket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild albacore tuna steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile (optional)
- 3 ounces organic mixed or other leafy greens
- 1½ teaspoons sesame seeds
- Sunbasket tamari-sesame blend (gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - sesame oil)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 610, Total Fat 14g (18% DV), Sat. Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 730mg (32% DV), Total Carb. 77g (28% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 44g
Contains: Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Pickle the vegetables
- Thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
Sear the seafood
- Pat the tuna dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the tuna cooks and cools slightly, prepare the garnishes.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
While the scallops cook and cool slightly, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem; thinly slice the jalapeño crosswise into rings. Wash your hands after handling.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Toss the quick-pickled vegetables.
- Help set out the ingredients.