In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey albóndigas soup with cauliflower “rice” and mole poblano
Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
A classic Mexican meal, our paleo meatball soup soothes the soul as much as it fills an empty stomach. Make it ahead for a quick weeknight warm-up.
In your bag
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- 1 organic yellow onion
- Sun Basket mole poblano spice blend (ancho chile powder - sesame seeds - granulated garlic - cocoa powder - sweet smoked paprika - cinnamon)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1½ cups diced tomatoes
- 1 organic lime
- 3 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
Calories: 470, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 260mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 38g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the meatballs
- Set aside half the cauliflower “rice” for the soup.
- Peel and finely chop the onion; set aside half for the soup.
- Set aside half the mole poblano spice blend for the soup.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a large bowl; pat dry with a paper towel.
Brown the meatballs
Start the soup
Add the tomatoes, 2½ cups [5 cups] water, and the remaining cauliflower “rice,” season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the soup has thickened and the cauliflower is tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
While the soup simmers, prepare the lime.
Prep the lime; finish the soup
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
- Divide the cauliflower “rice,” chopped onion, and cilantro in half.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Garnish the soup.