In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey albóndigas soup with cauliflower “rice” and mole poblano
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
A classic Mexican meal, our paleo meatball soup soothes the soul as much as it fills an empty stomach. Make it ahead for a quick weeknight warm-up.
In your bag
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- 1 organic yellow onion
- Sunbasket mole poblano spice blend (ancho chile powder - sesame seeds - granulated garlic - cocoa powder - sweet smoked paprika - cinnamon)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1½ cups diced tomatoes
- 1 organic lime
- 3 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
Calories 470, Total Fat 22g (28% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 260mg (11% DV), Total Carb. 38g (14% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 36g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the meatballs
- Set aside half the cauliflower “rice” for the soup.
- Peel and finely chop the onion; set aside half for the soup.
- Set aside half the mole poblano spice blend for the soup.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a large bowl; pat dry with a paper towel.
Brown the meatballs
Start the soup
Add the tomatoes, 2½ cups [5 cups] water, and the remaining cauliflower “rice,” season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the soup has thickened and the cauliflower is tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
While the soup simmers, prepare the lime.
Prep the lime; finish the soup
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
- Divide the cauliflower “rice,” chopped onion, and cilantro in half.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Garnish the soup.