In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey and spinach sliders with sweet potato "buns"
Mediterranean, Family-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
Yes, you can live the paleo life and enjoy sliders, too. For these flavor-packed turkey-spinach mini burgers, we use roasted sweet potato slices as “buns.”
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Sun Basket garlic-porcini seasoning blend (granulated garlic - porcini powder - sweet paprika)
- 1 organic lime
- 1 head organic Artisan or other lettuce
- 1 organic cucumber
Calories: 520, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 43g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the sweet potato “buns”
- Scrub the sweet potato; starting from the center, cut the potato crosswise into 12  rounds, each ¼ inch thick. Cut any smaller end pieces into ¼-inch-thick rounds to serve on the side.
Make the patties
- Finely chop the spinach.
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]; set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] chopped onion for the salad.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the patties
Make the salad
- Juice the lime.
- Trim the root end from the lettuce. If desired, remove as many outer leaves as you like to use as wraps for the sliders; cut the remaining lettuce crosswise into 1-inch-wide strips. If not using lettuce for wraps, cut all of it into strips.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Cut the halves crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lime.
- Assemble the salad.
- Help assemble the sliders.