Turkey and white bean chili with cornbread
25 – 35 Minutes
Our easy-to-make vegetarian red and white bean chili is perfect for a quick family dinner or make-ahead meal.
In your bag
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- Sun Basket cornbread mix (all-purpose flour - cornmeal - sugar - baking powder - salt)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1½ cups cooked white beans
- 1 cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Chili spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sumac
Cornbread is the ultimate American dish, dating back to Native Americans who used ground corn as flour to make bread. It acquired its cake-like qualities in the 19th century with the invention of baking powder and baking soda, which leavened the bread, making it lighter.
Calories: 880, Protein: 58g (116% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 49g (75% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 175mg (58% DV), Sodium: 680mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 56g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 25g, Added Sugars: (Cornbread, chicken broth contains trace amounts of organic cane sugar): 8g (16% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV).