In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey and white bean chili with cornbread
4 Servings, 880 Calories/Serving
Our easy-to-make vegetarian red and white bean chili is perfect for a quick family dinner or make-ahead meal.
In your bag
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- Sun Basket cornbread mix (all-purpose flour - cornmeal - sugar - baking powder - salt)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1½ cups cooked white beans
- 1 cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Chili spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sumac
Cornbread is the ultimate American dish, dating back to Native Americans who used ground corn as flour to make bread. It acquired its cake-like qualities in the 19th century with the invention of baking powder and baking soda, which leavened the bread, making it lighter.
Calories: 880, Protein: 58g (116% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 49g (75% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 175mg (58% DV), Sodium: 680mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 56g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 25g, Added Sugars: (Cornbread, chicken broth contains trace amounts of organic cane sugar): 8g (16% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV).
Wash produce before use
Make the cornbread
- Lightly grease a small ovenproof frying pan, medium baking dish, or 6-well muffin pan with butter or neutral oil.
- Measure out ½ cup milk; save the rest for another use.
While the cornbread bakes and cools, prepare the chili.
Make the chili
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Rinse the white beans.
Add the chicken broth, white beans, and 1½ cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chili thickens and the turkey is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
When the chili is almost done, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Grease the baking vessel for cornbread.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Serve the meal.
- Load the dishwasher.
- Recycle the Sun Basket containers.