In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey-apple patties with beet-apple salad and walnut vinaigrette
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
Green apples are one of our favorite ingredients to cook with, for their tartness, juiciness, and crisp texture (they’re one of the best apples for pies). Here, they do double duty: grated, they add moisture and sweetness to the spiced patties. Sliced, they add crunch and acidity to the beet salad. Rinsing the beets and patting them dry before chopping them should help keep the salad (and your cutting board) from turning completely purple.
In your bag
- 2 green apples
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Turkey spice blend (ground sage - ground ginger - allspice - dried thyme - black pepper - salt)
- ¼ pound Persian cucumber
- 1 lemon
- Fresh dill
- 1/2 pound roasted peeled Love Beets
- 1 ounce walnuts
- Fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
Calories: 610, Protein: 34 g, Fiber: 10 g, Total Fat: 35 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 15 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 11.5 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 100 mg, Sodium: 860 mg, Carbohydrates: 45 g, Added Sugar: 0 g.
Contains: Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Prep the apple for the turkey patties
- Cut 1 apple into quarters; cut out the core. Coarsely grate the apple, including the skin.
Assemble the patties
- Drain the ground turkey on a paper-towel-lined plate.
Cook the patties
While the pan heats and the patties cook, prepare the cucumber salsa.
Make the cucumber salsa
- Trim the ends from the cucumber; cut the cucumber in half, the halves into ¼-inch-thick strips, then the strips into ¼-inch cubes.
- Juice the lemon.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
Make the beet-apple salad
- Rinse the beets and pat dry with a paper towel; cut them in half, then thinly slice the halves.
- Cut the remaining apple in half and cut out the core; thinly slice the fruit.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.