In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey Bolognese with fusilli, zucchini, and peas
Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
This turkey Bolognese comes together in about 30 minutes but tastes like it simmered on the stove for hours.
In your bag
- 5 ounces quinoa fusilli
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup organic peas
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 520, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 12g (18% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 360mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 73g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the fusilli
While the water heats and the fusilli cooks, prepare the turkey Bolognese.
Prep the turkey Bolognese ingredients
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the turkey Bolognese
Add the zucchini and vegetable broth [1¾ cups broth] and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is just tender and the turkey is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the fusilli and peas and cook until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with as many chile flakes as you like.
- Time the fusilli.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic.