In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey Bolognese with penne rigate, zucchini, and peas
Soy-Free, Family-Friendly, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
This turkey Bolognese comes together in about 30 minutes but tastes like it simmered on the stove for hours.
In your bag
- 5 ounces penne rigate
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Sun Basket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup organic peas
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 510, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 12g (18% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 350mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 68g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne
Prep the turkey Bolognese ingredients
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
Cook the turkey Bolognese
Add the zucchini and 1 cup vegetable broth [1¾ cups, saving the rest for another use] and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is just tender and the turkey is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the penne and peas and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with as many chile flakes as you like.
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the penne.
- Time the penne.
- Measure the oil for the Bolognese.
- Time the Bolognese.