In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey chili with kidney beans and cheesy quesadillas
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving
Hearty but lean, this recipe delivers big flavor thanks to our custom chili spice blend and cheesy quesadillas on the side.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Sunbasket chili spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend (Monterey Jack - sharp cheddar - queso blanco - asadero)
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Calories 730, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 690mg (30% DV), Total Carb. 55g (20% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 42g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the chili
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Add the turkey, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and ¾ cup [1½ cups] beer (from your pantry) or water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes have softened and the turkey is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. While the chili cooks, prepare the quesadillas.
Make the quesadillas
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the chili
- Rinse the kidney beans.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Count the tortillas.
- Time the quesadillas.
- Rinse the beans.
- Garnish the chili with cilantro.