Turkey-cranberry meatballs with roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potato

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Turkey-cranberry meatballs with roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potato

Turkey-cranberry meatballs with roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potato

Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, <600 Calories, Protein Plus

2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving

30–45 Minutes

We have a thing for cranberries, so we dreamed up these juicy, flavorful meatballs. Start with your choice of ground meat, then toss in dried cranberries and thyme for sweet, tart, and floral notes.

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sunbasket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • 10 ounces ground turkey
  • 1 organic sweet potato
  • ½ pound organic Brussels sprouts
  • Sunbasket honey-mustard vinaigrette (apple cider vinegar - honey - Dijon mustard)
  • ¼ cup dried cranberries
  • Your choice of protein
  • 2 teaspoons dried thyme
  • Sunbasket pumpkin seed dukkah (pumpkin seeds - sesame seeds - coriander - cumin - kosher salt - black pepper)

Nutrition per serving

Calories 500, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 320mg (14% DV), Total Carb. 61g (22% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 27g (Incl. 18g Added Sugars, 36% DV), Protein 27g
Contains: Sesame

Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten.

*Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.


2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use


Prep and roast the vegetables

Heat the oven to 425°F.

  • Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato into 1-inch pieces.
  • Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts. Cut the sprouts in half lengthwise.

On a sheet pan, drizzle the sweet potato and Brussels sprouts with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast, stirring once halfway through, until the vegetables are lightly browned and tender, 18 to 20 minutes. 

Remove from the oven and season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle the honey-mustard vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss gently to coat. While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the meatballs.


Prep the meatballs

  • Coarsely chop the dried cranberries.
  • Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. 

In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, cranberries, and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] thyme, season generously with salt and pepper, and mix until just combined. (See Chef’s Tip and adjust the seasoning as needed.) Using wet hands, form the mixture into 1½- to 2-inch meatballs. 


Cook the meatballs

In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking, turning occasionally, until the meatballs are cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.


Transfer the meatballs and roasted vegetables to individual plates. Sprinkle the vegetables with the pumpkin seed dukkah and serve. 

Kids Can!
  • Scrub the sweet potato.
  • Drizzle the vegetables with oil and season.  
  • Measure the thyme.
  • Time the cooking.
  • Sprinkle the vegetables with the pumpkin seed dukkah.