In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey-cranberry meatballs with roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potato
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Holiday turkey, anyone? This festive Thanksgiving-inspired meal combines ground turkey with dried cranberries and thyme to create juicy, flavorful meatballs.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- ½ pound organic Brussels sprouts
- Sun Basket honey-mustard vinaigrette (apple cider vinegar - honey - Dijon mustard)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Sun Basket pumpkin seed dukkah (pumpkin seeds - sesame seeds - coriander - cumin - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories: 500, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 270mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 60g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 27g, Added Sugars: 17g (34% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the vegetables
Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato into 1-inch pieces.
- Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts. Cut the sprouts in half lengthwise.
On a sheet pan, drizzle the sweet potato and Brussels sprouts with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and roast, stirring once halfway through, until the vegetables are lightly browned and tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle the honey-mustard vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss gently to coat. While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the meatballs.
Prep the meatballs
- Coarsely chop the dried cranberries.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, dried thyme, and cranberries, season generously with salt and pepper, and mix until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into 1½- to 2-inch meatballs.
Cook the meatballs
In a medium [large] frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking, turning occasionally, until the meatballs are cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
Transfer the meatballs and roasted vegetables to individual plates. Sprinkle the vegetables with the pumpkin seed dukkah and serve.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Toss the vegetables with oil and season.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with the pumpkin seed dukkah.