In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Gingered turkey meatballs in Japanese mushroom broth
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Two kinds of mushrooms, sesame oil, and kimchi flakes mingle in this umami-forward, gluten-free meatball soup.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 2 scallions
- Fresh ginger
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3½ ounces beech mushrooms
- Dried shiitake mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon kimchi chile flakes (optional)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 ounces Savoy cabbage
- 2 ounces snow peas (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Total Fat 36g (46% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 180mg (60% DV), Sodium 660mg (29% DV), Total Carb. 16g (6% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 33g
Wash produce before use
Make the meatballs
- Cut off a small corner of the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Grate or peel and finely chop the ginger; set aside half for the soup.
Cook the soup and meatballs
- Trim the root ends from the beech mushrooms; separate any clusters into individual mushrooms.
- Trim the stem ends from the shiitake mushrooms.
While the meatballs cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the cabbage and snow peas; finish the soup
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; coarsely chop the cabbage.
- Trim the ends from the snow peas; thinly slice the snow peas lengthwise or on the diagonal.