In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey kebabs with carrot-snap pea salad and lemon couscous
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
This quick and easy dinner (or lunch) combines two Middle Eastern classics, kebabs and couscous, with a snappy tahini-dressed salad. For a paleo-strict version, skip the couscous.
In your bag
- 1 wedge preserved lemon
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup couscous
- 1¼ pounds ground turkey
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Kebab spice blend (baharat - sumac - cumin - coriander)
- Wooden skewers
- 3 or 4 carrots
- ¼ pound sugar snap peas
- Sunbasket tahini dressing (tahini - fresh garlic - lemon juice - salt)
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- ½ teaspoon Marash chile flakes (optional)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 430, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 105mg (35% DV), Sodium 460mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 14g (5% DV), Fiber 4g (14% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 31g
Wash produce before use
Cook the couscous
- Remove any pulp from the preserved lemon; finely chop the peel.
- Juice 1 lemon.
- Cut the other lemon into wedges for garnish.
While the couscous cooks, prepare and cook the kebabs.
Make the turkey kebabs
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for the salad.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for the salad.
Cook the kebabs
While the kebabs cook, make the salad.
Prepare the salad
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim off the tops; using a peeler, cut the carrots into thin ribbons.
- Thinly slice the sugar snap peas lengthwise.
To the bowl with the tahini dressing, add the carrots and as many snap peas as you like. Add the sumac and the remaining cilantro and parsley; toss well to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Make the tahini dressing.
- Toss the carrot-snap pea salad.
- Serve the meal.