In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey keema with peas, pearl couscous, and cucumber raita
Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
Ground dark-meat turkey stays moist in this kid-friendly version of an Indian street-food favorite. Make it ahead for convenience and deeper flavor.
In your bag
- 1½ cups pearl couscous
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Keema spice blend (curry powder - turmeric - coriander - cumin - cinnamon - ground ginger)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cucumber
- 5 or 6 sprigs fresh mint
- 2 limes
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
Calories 520, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 90mg (30% DV), Sodium 115mg (5% DV), Total Carb. 52g (19% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the couscous
While the couscous cooks, prepare the turkey keema.
Prep the vegetables and turkey
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the keema
Add the tomatoes and ½ cup water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is cooked through and the sauce is thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the peas and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
While the keema cooks, prepare the cucumber raita.
Make the cucumber raita
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim the ends; thinly slice the cucumber crosswise.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; if desired, set aside several leaves for garnish. Coarsely chop the remaining leaves.
- Juice 1 lime.
- Cut the other lime into wedges for garnish.
- Fluff the couscous.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir together the raita.
- Serve the meal.