In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey larb salad with mushrooms, tomatoes, and fresh mint
Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
Known as the unofficial national dish of Laos, this refreshing salad features your choice of protein, fresh herbs, and our house-made curry paste.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 2 organic Roma or other tomatoes
- Sun Basket curry paste (mild green chiles - lemongrass - EVOO - garlic - ginger - turmeric - coriander - cumin - ancho chile powder - cardamom)
- 1 organic lime
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 3 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
Calories: 440, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 150mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 21g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the shallots and tomatoes
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; cut the tomatoes lengthwise into quarters.
Prep your protein
- Ground meat: Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes.
Cook the larb
Prep the mint; make the salad
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems for garnish.
- Measure the shallots.
- Juice the lime.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the mint.