In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey larb salad with mushrooms, tomatoes, and fresh mint
Keto-Friendly, Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
Known as the unofficial national dish of Laos, this refreshing larb salad features your choice of protein, fresh mint, and our house-made curry paste.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 or 2 organic Roma or other tomatoes (about ½ pound total)
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket curry paste (mild green chiles - lemongrass - extra virgin olive oil - garlic - ginger - turmeric - coriander - cumin - ancho chile powder - cardamom)
- 1 organic lime
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 3 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
Calories 440, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 135mg (6% DV), Total Carb. 22g (8% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 25g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the onion and tomatoes
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; cut the tomatoes lengthwise into quarters.
Prep your protein
- Ground meat: Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel.
Cook the larb
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Stir in the onion and curry paste and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the tomatoes and cook until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add your protein, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring and breaking up the ground meat if using, until the protein is browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp; 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp, tofu, or plant-based chicken; and 5 to 7 minutes for ground meat. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, prepare the mint and salad.
Prep the mint; make the salad
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems for garnish.
In a large bowl, stir together the lime zest, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lime juice, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the mixed greens and mushrooms and toss to coat.
Transfer the salad to individual bowls and top with the larb. Garnish with the mint and serve.
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lime.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the mint.