In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey meatball lettuce cups with Buffalo sauce
Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
For a light, low-carb meal, try these easy-to-eat lettuce cups, filled with spicy turkey meatballs and a cooling carrot slaw.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tablespoon organic unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons Frank’s RedHot cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 head organic baby iceberg or other lettuce
- 1 or 2 organic celery ribs (about ¼ pound total)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Sun Basket ranch dressing (Greek yogurt - paleo mayo - garlic - Dijon mustard - kosher salt - black pepper - dried dill)
Calories: 460, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 35g (54% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 175mg (58% DV), Sodium: 1160mg (48% DV), Carbohydrates: 11g (4% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the meatballs
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the meatballs
Return all the meatballs to the pan, add the butter, cayenne pepper sauce, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] water, then remove from the heat. Stir gently until the meatballs are coated with the sauce. While the meatballs cook, prepare the lettuce and the slaw.
Prep the lettuce; make the carrot slaw
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; remove 6  of the largest outer leaves for the meatballs and save the remaining lettuce for another use.
- Thinly slice the celery.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Assemble the carrot slaw.
- Drizzle the ranch dressing.