In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey meatball lettuce cups with Buffalo sauce and carrot slaw
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
Bring happy hour home with some finger-licking flavor! Inspired by juicy Buffalo wings, we bring you the ultimate mash-up of spicy turkey meatballs served in crisp lettuce cups.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons Frank’s RedHot cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 head organic baby iceberg or other lettuce
- 1 or 2 organic celery ribs (about ¼ pound total)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Sunbasket ranch dressing (Greek yogurt - paleo mayo - garlic - Dijon mustard - kosher salt - black pepper - dried dill)
Calories 450, Total Fat 34g (44% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 175mg (58% DV), Sodium 1180mg (51% DV), Total Carb. 11g (4% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 27g
Contains: Milk, Eggs
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the meatballs
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Crack the egg into a medium bowl and lightly beat with a fork until just blended. Add the turkey, season generously with salt and pepper, and mix until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
Cook the meatballs; make the Buffalo sauce
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Add more oil between batches if needed.
Return all the meatballs to the pan and add the butter, cayenne pepper sauce, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] water, then remove from the heat. Stir gently until the meatballs are coated with the sauce. While the meatballs are cooking, prepare the lettuce and the slaw.
Prep the lettuce; make the carrot slaw
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; remove 6  of the largest outer leaves for the meatballs and save the remaining lettuce for another use.
- Thinly slice the celery.
In a medium bowl, toss together the celery, carrots, red wine vinegar, and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the lettuce leaves to individual plates and divide the meatballs and sauce among the leaves. Top with the carrot slaw, drizzle with as much ranch dressing as you like, and serve any remaining dressing on the side.
- Measure the water for the sauce.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Assemble the carrot slaw.
- Drizzle the ranch dressing.