In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey meatballs and baby bok choy in lemongrass broth
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
Lean ground turkey and almond meal combine for an inventively light, paleo take on meatballs, a filling anchor for this Southeast Asian–inspired soup.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, use no more than ⅛ teaspoon salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Sunbasket meatball seasoning blend (almond meal - granulated garlic - coriander - ground ginger)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 2 heads organic baby bok choy
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - EVOO - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - ground turmeric)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
Calories 470, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 480mg (21% DV), Total Carb. 21g (8% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 32g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the meatballs
- Zest the lime; cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Brown the meatballs
While the meatballs brown, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the soup
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices.
Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, and 1¼ cups [2½ cups] water and season with salt, if desired, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the meatballs, bok choy, and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meatballs are cooked through and the bok choy is just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt, if desired, and pepper.
- Measure the shallots.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Garnish with the cilantro.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.