In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey meatballs and wilted greens in lemongrass broth
Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
We combine lean ground turkey and almond meal for an inventively light, paleo take on meatballs, a filling anchor for this Northern Thailand–inspired soup.
In your bag
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Sun Basket meatball seasoning blend (almond meal - granulated garlic - coriander - ground ginger)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 bunch organic mustard greens or other leafy greens (about ¾ pound)
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - extra virgin olive oil - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
Calories: 500, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 380mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates: 32g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the meatballs
- Zest the lime; cut the lime into wedges for garnish. [Zest 1 lime and cut into wedges; save the remaining lime for another use.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Brown the meatballs
Prep the remaining ingredients; cook the soup
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Remove any coarse stems from the mustard greens; coarsely chop the greens.
Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, and 1¼ cups [2½ cups] water, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add the meatballs, carrots, and greens (the greens in batches if needed). Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meatballs are cooked through and the carrots and greens are just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the cilantro in half.
- Measure the shallots.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Garnish with the cilantro.