In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey meatballs and wilted greens in lemongrass broth
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
We’re having a serious lemongrass moment. This tropical plant adds lemony-floral zing to our Thai-inspired soup along with a king-size list of health benefits.
In your bag
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Protein options:
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 12 ounces plant-based Impossible Burger
- Sunbasket meatball seasoning blend (granulated garlic - turmeric - ground ginger)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - extra virgin olive oil - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories 430, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 440mg (19% DV), Total Carb. 27g (10% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 24g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the meatballs
- Zest the lime; cut the lime into wedges for garnish. [Zest 1 lime and cut into wedges; save the remaining lime for another use.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Cut a small corner from your protein packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, combine the meatball seasoning blend, ½ teaspoon [1 tsp] lime zest, and half the cilantro. Add your protein, season with salt and pepper, and mix until just combined. Using wet hands, form the mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
Brown the meatballs
In a large sauce pot over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pot. Meanwhile, prepare the shallots.
Prep the shallots; cook the soup
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
In the same pot used for the meatballs, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Stir in the shallots and cook, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot, until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the lemongrass paste and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, and 1¼ cups [2½ cups] water, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add the meatballs and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meatballs are cooked through and the carrots are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat. Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the soup to individual bowls. Garnish with the remaining cilantro and serve with the lime wedges.
- Divide the cilantro in half.
- Measure the shallots.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Garnish with the cilantro.