In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey meatballs and penne in marinara sauce
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
This Italian-American classic is lean and light with ground turkey meatballs, fresh spinach, and gluten-free pasta.
In your bag
- 7 ounces Talluto’s fresh gluten-free penne
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket meatball spice blend (granulated garlic - coriander - fennel seeds - red chile flakes)
- ½ cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Sunbasket herbed marinara (tomatoes - garlic - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - EVOO - onion powder - kosher salt - dried oregano - black pepper - dried thyme)
- 5 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Nutrition per serving
Calories 610, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 460mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 80g (29% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 31g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne
While the water heats and the penne cooks, prepare the meatballs.
Prep the meatballs
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
Brown the meatballs
Finish the dish
Working in batches if needed, stir in the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the penne and cook until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill a pot with water for the penne.
- Time the penne.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.