In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey meatballs in black garlic–tahini sauce over sweet potato mash
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
If you love Swedish meatballs, you’ll love our Eastern Mediterranean spin sauced in black garlic–tahini gravy and served over a stunning purple sweet potato mash.
In your bag
- 2 organic purple sweet potatoes
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Sunbasket black garlic–tahini blend (coconut milk - black garlic - tahini - sherry vinegar - Urfa chile flakes)
- 3 ounces organic sugar snap peas
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket lemon vinaigrette (fresh lemon juice - onion - fresh garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
Calories 600, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 280mg (12% DV), Total Carb. 50g (18% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 36g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the sweet potato mash
- Peel the sweet potatoes. Trim the ends and cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
While the potatoes cook, make the meatballs.
Prep the meatballs
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the meatballs and sauce
Return all the meatballs to the pan and stir in the black garlic–tahini blend and ¼ cup [⅓ cup] water. Bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring once or twice, until the meatballs are cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the meatballs and sauce cook, prepare garnish and the salad.
Prep the garnish; make the salad
- Thinly slice the snap peas on the diagonal.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Cover the sweet potatoes with water.
- Time the sweet potatoes.
- Toss the salad.
- Garnish with the cilantro.