In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey picadillo with roasted sweet potato
Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Paleo, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
We give ground turkey new life in this Cuban-inspired stew, made with olives, capers, raisins, and a flavorful tomato-based sauce.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 ounce pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Sun Basket picadillo sauce base (tomatoes - garlic - sweet smoked paprika - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - EVOO - onion powder - cayenne - kosher salt - dried oregano - black pepper - dried thyme)
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 bay leaf
Calories: 510, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 700mg (29% DV), Carbohydrates: 41g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the sweet potato
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato into 1-inch pieces.
Prep the turkey picadillo ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Rinse the capers.
- Slice the olives crosswise, checking for any pits.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel and season generously with salt and pepper.
Cook the turkey picadillo
Add the capers, picadillo sauce base, raisins, bay leaf, and ½ cup [1 cup] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the olives and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Discard the bay leaf.
- Drizzle the sweet potato with oil and season.
- Time the sweet potato.
- Rinse the capers.
- Measure the water for the picadillo.