In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey-spinach meatballs with corkscrew pasta and romaine salad
4 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
Marinara-smothered, lean turkey-spinach meatballs and protein-packed quinoa pasta fill up a hearty, easy-to-make pasta bowl you can feel good about.
In your bag
- ½ pound gluten-free quinoa fusilli
- 2 ounces baby spinach
- 3 scallions
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- Italian meatball spice blend (dried oregano - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- ½ cup whole wheat panko
- ¼ pound shredded carrots
- Sun Basket marinara (tomatoes - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - fresh garlic - olive oil - salt - black pepper)
- 1 romaine heart
- ¼ pound mixed greens
- Sun Basket house dressing (olive oil - balsamic vinegar - Dijon mustard - fresh garlic)
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 35g (54% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 135mg (45% DV), Sodium: 660mg (28% DV) (does not include pantry salt; for reference, ½ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV), Carbohydrates: 65g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: Milk, wheat, eggs.
Wash produce before use
Cook the fusilli
While the water heats and the fusilli cooks, prepare the meatballs.
Make the meatballs
- Finely chop the spinach.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; finely chop the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the white parts for the sauce.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Brown the meatballs
Make the sauce; finish the meatballs
- Divide the shredded carrots into two equal portions; set aside half for the salad.
Add the marinara and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add the meatballs and simmer until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the fusilli, stir gently to coat, and cook until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the sauce and meatballs cook, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart.
- Coarsely tear the romaine leaves.
- Divide the shredded carrots into equal portions.
- Tear the romaine.
- Dress the salad.
- Sprinkle the pasta with Parmesan.
- Serve the meal.