Turkey-spinach meatballs with corkscrew pasta and romaine salad
30 – 40 Minutes
Marinara-smothered, lean turkey-spinach meatballs and protein-packed quinoa pasta fill up a hearty, easy-to-make pasta bowl you can feel good about.
In your bag
- ½ pound gluten-free quinoa fusilli
- 2 ounces baby spinach
- 3 scallions
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- Italian meatball spice blend (dried oregano - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- ½ cup whole wheat panko
- ¼ pound shredded carrots
- Sun Basket marinara (tomatoes - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - fresh garlic - olive oil - salt - black pepper)
- 1 romaine heart
- ¼ pound mixed greens
- Sun Basket house dressing (olive oil - balsamic vinegar - Dijon mustard - fresh garlic)
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
Before cooking the meatballs, you can test the seasoning of the turkey mixture by cooking a tablespoon or so in a small frying pan on the stovetop over medium-high heat.
Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 35g (54% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 135mg (45% DV), Sodium: 660mg (28% DV) (does not include pantry salt; for reference, ½ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV), Carbohydrates: 65g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: Milk, wheat, eggs.