In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey tacos with cucumber–red pepper salsa
4 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
A cool cucumber salsa adds crunch to these fast and filling gluten-free tacos, wrapped in tortillas or lettuce leaves to your taste.
In your bag
- 16 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 poblano (optional)
- 1¼ pounds ground turkey
- 1⅔ cups cooked black beans
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Turkey taco seasoning (dried Mexican oregano - granulated garlic - coriander - cumin - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 cucumber
- 3 ounces roasted red peppers
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 2 limes
- 1 head baby iceberg lettuce
- 2 ounces queso fresco
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 370mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 56g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Paleo-strict nutrition per serving: Calories: 310, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 3g (12% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 330mg (14% DV), Carbohydrates: 9g (3% DV), Total Sugars: 3g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Warm the tortillas
- Remove 12 tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
While the tortillas warm, prepare the taco filling.
Prep and cook the taco filling
- If using the poblano, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; chop the poblano into ¼-inch pieces. Wash your hands after handling.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Rinse the black beans.
Add the turkey and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the taco seasoning, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the turkey is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the black beans and cook until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the taco filling cooks, prepare the salsa and garnishes.
Make the salsa and prep the garnishes
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the ends; cut the cucumber lengthwise into ½-inch-wide wedges, then crosswise into ½-inch pieces.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; chop the peppers into ½-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Zest and juice 1 lime.
- Cut the other lime into wedges.
- Trim the root end from the iceberg lettuce; separate the leaves.
- Crumble the queso fresco.
- Rinse the beans.
- Juice the lime.
- Crumble the queso fresco.
- Stir together the salsa.
- Serve the meal.