In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkey-zucchini burgers with apple-date chutney and rice pilaf
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 780 Calories/Serving
Indian flavors infuse turkey-zucchini burgers in this easy-to-make, gluten-free crowd-pleaser, complete with cardamom- and cinnamon-infused rice.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 shallots
- ½ cup rice blend (white rice - wild rice)
- Rice spice blend (cardamom - cinnamon - cloves)
- 1 apple (such as Granny Smith)
- 2 ounces pitted dates
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 zucchini
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Turkey spice blend (granulated garlic - ground ginger - coriander)
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh mint
Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 980mg (43% DV), Total Carb. 101g (37% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 31g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice pilaf
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots; set aside half for the chutney.
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the rice blend.
While the rice cooks, prepare the chutney.
Make the apple-date chutney
- Cut the apple into quarters and cut away the core. Cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the dates.
While the chutney cooks, prepare the burgers.
Prep the turkey-zucchini burgers
- Trim the ends from the zucchini. Using the large holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the zucchini.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the burgers
While the burgers cook, prepare the mint.
Prep the mint; finish the chutney
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.