In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkish lamb köfte with tahini sauce and smashed cucumber salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Paprika and cumin infuse these lamb meatballs with Turkish flavor, while pine nuts add crunch. Cucumber and tahini sauce are refreshing counterpoints to the rich meat.
In your bag
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Sunbasket köfte spice blend (onion powder - sweet paprika - granulated garlic - cumin)
- Wooden skewers
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini sauce base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 650, Total Fat 52g (67% DV), Sat. Fat 13g (65% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 100mg (33% DV), Sodium 85mg (4% DV), Total Carb. 17g (6% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 30g
Contains: Tree Nuts (pine nut), Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Smash the cucumber and bell pepper
- Cut the cucumber into enough ½-inch pieces to measure 3 cups [6 cups].
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ½-inch pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
Make the lamb köfte
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
To the bowl with the pine nut mixture, add the ground lamb and cilantro. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix gently until just combined. Using wet hands, form the lamb mixture into 4  ovals; thread each onto a wooden skewer.
Cook the lamb köfte
Make the tahini sauce
- Measure the cucumber.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Smash the cucumber and bell pepper.
- Stir the tahini sauce.
- Top the köfte with tahini sauce.