In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkish piyaz salad with roasted carrots and soft-cooked eggs
Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
Butter beans, pomegranate seeds, and red onion get dressed in our house-made lemon-tahini dressing for a Turkish classic.
In your bag
- ¾ ounce sun-dried tomato strips (not in oil)
- 3 or 4 carrots (about ¾ pound total)
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 1 red onion
- Lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - fresh garlic)
- 1 pomegranate
- 1¼ cups cooked butter beans
- 3 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
Calories: 700, Protein: 17g (34% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 40g (62% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 43g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 440mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 69g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 31g, Added Sugars: (Pomegranate Molasses): 3g (6% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soak the sun-dried tomatoes
In a small bowl, soak the sun-dried tomatoes in very hot tap water until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
While the tomatoes soak, prepare the carrots.
Prep and roast the carrots
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim off the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then crosswise on the diagonal into 2-inch lengths.
While the carrots roast and the tomatoes soak, prepare the eggs.
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, prepare the red onion and lemon-tahini dressing.
Prep the red onion and lemon-tahini dressing
- Peel and thinly slice the red onion.
Prep the pomegranate
- Cut the pomegranate in half horizontally.
Finish the piyaz salad
- Rinse the butter beans.
- Coarsely chop the olives.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside 1 teaspoon chopped parsley for the carrots.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
To the bowl with the onion, add the beans, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, remaining parsley, rice vinegar, and as much lemon-tahini dressing as you like and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.