In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkish red lentil soup with yogurt and naan croutons
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
Put aside any notion you have of lentil soup as heavy or dull. This one, based on a traditional Turkish Bride’s soup, combines quick-cooking red lentils and protein-rich bulgur with a lively blend of cumin, fennel, coriander, cinnamon, and fruity Marash chile flakes.
In your bag
- 1 piece naan
- 3 ounces carrots
- 1 to 2 shallots
- Peeled fresh garlic
- ¼ cup bulgur
- Soup spice blend (fennel seeds - coriander - cumin - cinnamon)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon Marash chile flakes (optional)
- ¾ cup red lentils
- Fresh mint
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
Calories 34, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 5mg (2% DV), Sodium 720mg (31% DV), Total Carb. 102g (37% DV), Fiber 22g (79% DV)
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Toast the naan
Prep the soup ingredients
- Trim the tops from the carrots; scrub or peel them and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Peel and finely chop the shallot.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
Cook the soup
Prep the mint
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.