In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turkish red lentil soup with yogurt and naan croutons
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
Put aside any notion you have of lentil soup as heavy or dull. This one, based on a traditional Turkish Bride’s soup, combines quick-cooking red lentils and protein-rich bulgur with a lively blend of cumin, fennel, coriander, cinnamon, and fruity Marash chile flakes.
In your bag
- 1 piece naan
- 3 ounces carrots
- 1 to 2 shallots
- Peeled fresh garlic
- ¼ cup bulgur
- Soup spice blend (fennel seeds - coriander - cumin - cinnamon)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon Marash chile flakes (optional)
- ¾ cup red lentils
- Fresh mint
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
Calories 700, Protein: 34 g, Fiber: 22 g, Total Fat: 20 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 11 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5 g, Saturated Fat: 3.5 g, Cholesterol: 5 mg, Sodium: 720 mg, Carbohydrates: 102 g, Added Sugar: 0 g.
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Wash produce before use
Toast the naan
Prep the soup ingredients
- Trim the tops from the carrots; scrub or peel them and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Peel and finely chop the shallot.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
Cook the soup
Prep the mint
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.