In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turmeric-mojo shrimp with roasted carrots and poblano
Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 390 Calories/Serving
Our secret to an extra-refreshing mojo marinade? Turmeric. This magical spice pairs perfectly with citrus, garlic, and cumin and boosts the immune system.
In your bag
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Sun Basket mojo marinade (orange juice - lime juice - EVOO - garlic - kosher salt - Aleppo chile flakes - onion - cumin - dried oregano)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 organic carrots
- 1 organic Granny Smith or other apple
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic poblano
Calories: 390, Protein: 22g (44% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 200mg (67% DV), Sodium: 670mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 27g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and marinate the shellfish
- Rinse and drain the shellfish. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate; season lightly with salt.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces.
- Core and cut the apple in half. Cut half the apple into ½-inch pieces. Using the large holes of a box grater, grate the remaining half for garnish. [Core and cut 1 apple into ½-inch pieces. Core and grate the remaining apple.]
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the poblano; coarsely chop the poblano. Wash your hands after handling.
Cook the shellfish
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook, turning once, until firm and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side for regular shrimp, 2 to 3 minutes per side for jumbo shrimp. Transfer to a plate.
For the scallops:
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Using a slotted spoon, remove the scallops from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Add the scallops to the pan and cook, without turning, until golden brown on one side and starting to turn opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for about 30 seconds for translucent or 1 to 2 minutes for opaque. Transfer to a plate.
Add the reserved marinade to the pan and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the grated apple.