In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turmeric pollock with tamarind green beans over spicy jalapeño rice
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
Tamarind paste and garam masala lend tangy and earthy flavor to this popular Southern Indian fish curry, served over jalapeño rice.
In your bag
- ½ cup basmati rice
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ¼ pound organic green beans
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeños
- Seafood options:
- 10 ounces wild pollock pieces
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- ½ cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
Calories: 430, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 8g (12% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 1g (5% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 480mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 59g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel the onion and cut in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed.
- Finely chop the jalapeños. Wash your hands after handling.
Prep and brown the seafood
- Pat the seafood dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and the turmeric. If using salmon or halibut, cut into 2-inch pieces.
Cook the vegetables; finish the seafood and rice
Add the tomatoes, tamarind paste, and 1 cup [1½ cups] water and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the seafood and cook, stirring occasionally, until the seafood is cooked through and the green beans are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
To the pot with the rice, stir in as many jalapeños as you like.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Time the cooking.