In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Turmeric tofu with coconut curry, stir-fried green beans, and cabbage
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Vegan, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
What’s not to love about turmeric? It’s a warm, earthy, and versatile spice that adds flavor and vibrancy to anything it touches—like this plant-powered tofu dish.
In your bag
- Sunbasket curry simmer sauce base (coconut milk - cashew butter - gluten-free tamari - water - toasted sesame oil - maple syrup - lime juice - sambal oelek - curry powder - garlic - ginger)
- 10 ounces Hodo organic firm tofu
- Sunbasket turmeric blend (rice flour - cornstarch - turmeric)
- 3 ounces organic green beans
- 1 wedge organic red or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - rice vinegar - garlic - ginger)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 490, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 510mg (22% DV), Total Carb. 42g (15% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 27g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut, cashew), Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the tofu
- In a small bowl, stir together the curry simmer sauce base and 2 to 3 teaspoons water.
- Cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the turmeric blend with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer. Dredge the tofu cubes in the turmeric blend, turning to coat on all sides; shake off any excess.
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the tofu and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the curry simmer sauce base and toss until the tofu is coated on all sides and the sauce has thickened, 1 to 3 minutes.
Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a medium bowl. Wipe out the pan. While the tofu is cooking, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans into 1-inch lengths.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; coarsely chop the cabbage.
- Strip the cilantro leaves from the stems, keeping them separate; coarsely chop the stems and keep the leaves whole. Set aside the stems for cooking with the vegetables and the leaves for garnish.
Cook the vegetables
In the same pan used for the tofu, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the green beans, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
Working in batches if needed, add the cabbage and cilantro stems and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the carrots and stir-fry blend and toss until the sauce starts to thicken, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the vegetables to individual bowls and top with the tofu. Garnish with the cilantro leaves and serve.
- Stir the curry simmer sauce base and water.
- Season the turmeric blend; spread on a plate.
- Dredge the tofu in the turmeric blend.
- Strip the cilantro leaves.
- Garnish with the cilantro leaves.