In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tuscan vegetable soup with ciabatta croutons
Family-Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
This hearty minestrone-like soup is Sun Basket’s homage to Tuscan ribollita, made with chunky ciabatta croutons, white beans, and a rainbow of fresh vegetables.
In your bag
- 1 ciabatta roll
- 6 ounces organic gold or red new potatoes
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- 1 cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Calories: 570, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 10mg (3% DV), Sodium: 1250mg (52% DV), Carbohydrates: 82g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the ciabatta croutons
- Tear the ciabatta into 1-inch pieces.
Prep the potatoes and garlic; start the soup
- Scrub or peel the potatoes; cut the potatoes into ½-inch pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
Add the kale, tomatoes, vegetable broth, and 2 cups [3 cups] water and season with salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender and the soup thickens, 5 to 7 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the soup
- Rinse the white beans.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Tear the ciabatta.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the garlic.
- Rinse the beans.
- Garnish with the Parmesan.