In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Tuscan vegetable soup with ciabatta croutons
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Made with chunky ciabatta croutons, white beans, and a rainbow of fresh vegetables, this hearty soup is our homage to Tuscan ribollita.
In your bag
- 1 ciabatta roll
- 1 packet vegetable broth concentrate
- 6 ounces organic gold or red new potatoes
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- 1 cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Calories 690, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 10mg (3% DV), Sodium 1040mg (45% DV), Total Carb. 102g (37% DV), Fiber 17g (61% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 24g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Make the ciabatta croutons
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Tear the ciabatta into 1-inch pieces.
On a sheet pan, drizzle the ciabatta with 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread the ciabatta in an even layer and toast in the oven until crisp and browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, start the soup.
Prep the potatoes and garlic; start the soup
- In a small bowl or cup, mix the vegetable broth concentrate with 1 cup [2 cups] warm water and stir to combine.
- Scrub the potatoes; cut the potatoes into ½-inch pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
In a large sauce pot over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Add the mirepoix, potatoes, and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 6 to 8 minutes.
Add the kale, tomatoes, vegetable broth, and 2 cups [3 cups] water and season with salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender and the soup thickens, 5 to 7 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the soup
- Rinse the white beans.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
To the pot with the soup, add the beans and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the soup to individual bowls. Garnish with the ciabatta croutons and Parmesan and serve.
- Tear the ciabatta.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press); measure the garlic.
- Rinse the beans.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish the soup.