In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Two-bean chili mac ’n’ cheese with quinoa pasta
Family-Friendly, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
The quinoa elbow pasta in this healthy, delicious ode to mac ’n’ cheese tastes as good if not better than traditional wheat. We swear.
In your bag
- 5 ounces gluten-free quinoa elbow pasta
- ½ cup cooked white beans
- ½ cup cooked kidney beans
- ½ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Sunbasket chili spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet smoked paprika - granulated garlic)
- ½ cup crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 organic lime
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup grated cheddar
- 3 organic scallions
Calories: 620, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 40mg (13% DV), Sodium: 530mg (22% DV), Carbohydrates: 80g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the elbow pasta
While the water heats and the pasta cooks, prepare the chili.
Cook the chili
- Rinse the white beans and kidney beans.
While the chili cooks, prepare the lime yogurt.
Make the lime yogurt
- Zest the lime and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; save the remaining half for another use. [Zest both limes and juice ½ lime; save the remaining zested 1½ limes for another use.]
Prep the garnishes; finish the mac ’n’ cheese
- Set aside ¼ cup [½ cup] cheddar for garnish.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Time the pasta.
- Rinse the beans.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the lime yogurt.
- Garnish the dish.