Two-bean chili mac ’n’ cheese with quinoa pasta
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Soy Free
20 – 30 Minutes
Our custom chili spice blend—plus two kinds of beans and our favorite elbow macaroni—bring instant flavor and protein to this easy vegetarian dish. We’ve been wary of gluten-free pastas, but Edison Grainery converted us. Their quinoa pastas taste as good if not better than traditional wheat.
- 5 ounces Edison Grainery gluten-free quinoa elbow pasta
- ½ cup cooked white beans
- ½ cup cooked kidney beans
- ½ cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Chili spice blend (chile powder - cumin - sweet smoked paprika - granulated garlic)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions
- Fresh cilantro
Cook the elbow pasta
While the water heats and the pasta cooks, make the chili.
Cook the chili
- Rinse the white beans and kidney beans.
While the chili cooks, prepare the lime yogurt.
Make the lime yogurt
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate.
Prep the garnishes; finish the mac ’n’ cheese
- Set aside 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese for garnish.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 620, Protein: 22g, Total Fat: 19g, Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Carbohydrates: 91mg, Fiber: 16g, Sugar: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g, Sodium: 680mg