In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Two-bean enchiladas with Southwestern chile sauce and fried eggs
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
4 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
A black bean and pinto duo make for family-friendly vegetarian enchiladas, leveled up with mild green chile sauce and protein-packed fried eggs.
In your bag
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans
- Southwestern spice blend (granulated garlic - - ground coriander - dried Mexican oregano )
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup diced mild green chiles
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 16 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1½ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (Monterey Jack - sharp cheddar - queso blanco - asadero)
- 5 or 6 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs
You can turn your remaining tortillas into chips: Heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges. On a sheet pan, drizzle the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
The most prized green chiles in New Mexico are Hatch chiles. They come into season in the fall, and people drive from all over the area to purchase them at roadside stands.
Calories: 520, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 185mg (62% DV), Sodium: 230mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates: 61g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the enchilada sauce
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
- Rinse the black beans and pinto beans.
While the sauce cooks, heat the tortillas.
Warm the tortillas
- Remove 12 tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
Assemble and bake the enchiladas
While the enchiladas cook, prepare the garnish and the eggs.
Prep the garnish; cook the eggs
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Rinse the beans.
- Arrange the tortillas for warming.
- Set the table.
- Sprinkle the cilantro.
- Serve the meal.