In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Two-bean sloppy joe wraps with mushrooms and tangy coleslaw
Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Vegan
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
For a cross between a sloppy joe and a burrito, we wrap mushrooms, beans, and a crunchy-tangy slaw in whole grain lavash. Go ahead, roll up your sleeves and dig in!
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 5 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- ½ cup cooked kidney beans
- ½ cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- Sun Basket vegan sloppy joe sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - vegan Worcestershire - granulated garlic - chili powder - cumin - coriander)
- Sun Basket coleslaw dressing base (onion - red wine vinegar - garlic)
- 3 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 2 Atoria’s Family Bakery whole grain lavash
Calories: 530, Protein: 18g (36% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 19g (29% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 730mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 77g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the sloppy joe filling
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
- Coarsely chop the mushrooms.
- Rinse the black beans and kidney beans.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and cook until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
Stir in the beans, fire-roasted tomatoes, and sloppy joe sauce base and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the beans are heated through, the vegetables are tender, and the sauce is thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the sloppy joe filling is cooking, prepare the coleslaw.
Make the tangy coleslaw
In a medium bowl, stir together the coleslaw dressing base and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Add the cabbage and carrots and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble the sloppy joe wraps
Lay the lavash side by side on a cutting board. Spoon the sloppy joe filling along the bottom one-third of the lavash. If desired, top with as much coleslaw as you like. Working from the bottom, roll the lavash tightly into a wrap. Cut the wraps in half on the diagonal.
Transfer the sloppy joe wraps to individual plates and serve any remaining coleslaw on the side.
- Measure the onion.
- Rinse the beans.
- Time the cooking.
- Assemble the coleslaw.
- Help assemble and roll the wraps.