In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Two-bean soup with caramelized onions and toasted ciabatta
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 720 Calories/Serving
Dive into a simple, rustic soup with two kinds of beans topped with caramelized onions and seasoned with fresh herbs—bonus: it’s even better the next day.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- ¼ pound organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Top the soup with a shaving of your favorite vegan cheese, or for dairy eaters, with a little Parmesan.
Make It Ahead
The caramelized onions can be made (Step 1) and the soup can be prepared (Steps 2 and 4, minus the lemon prep) up to 1 day ahead. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate separately overnight. When ready to serve, gently rewarm the onions and soup while you toast the ciabatta (Step 3) and prep the lemon.
Calories: 720, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 22g (88% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 720mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 117g (39% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and caramelize the onion
- Peel the onion and cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Measure ¼ cup [½ cup] onion and set aside for the soup.
While the onion cooks, prepare the soup.
Start the soup
- Rinse the chickpeas and kidney beans.
- Coarsely chop enough dill to measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL]. Set aside any remaining dill for garnish or save for another use.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
While the soup cooks, prepare the ciabatta.
Toast the ciabatta
- Cut the ciabatta in half horizontally.
Finish the soup
- Measure the onion.
- Rinse the chickpeas and beans.
- Measure the dill.