In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Two-bean soup with caramelized onions and toasted ciabatta
Soy-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 720 Calories/Serving
Dive into a simple, rustic soup with two kinds of beans topped with caramelized onions and seasoned with fresh herbs—bonus: it’s even better the next day.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- ¼ pound organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories 720, Total Fat 17g (22% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 720mg (31% DV), Total Carb. 117g (43% DV), Fiber 22g (79% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 24g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and caramelize the onion
- Peel the onion and cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Measure ¼ cup [½ cup] onion and set aside for the soup.
While the onion cooks, prepare the soup.
Start the soup
- Rinse the chickpeas and kidney beans.
- Coarsely chop enough dill to measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL]. Set aside any remaining dill for garnish or save for another use.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
While the soup cooks, prepare the ciabatta.
Toast the ciabatta
- Cut the ciabatta in half horizontally.
Finish the soup
- Measure the onion.
- Rinse the chickpeas and beans.
- Measure the dill.