Two bean–mushroom chili with gluten-free cornbread
30 – 40 Minutes
Our vegetarian red and white bean chili is perfect for a quick dinner; we send the gluten-free cornbread mix so it comes together almost instantly.
In your bag
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- Sun Basket gluten-free cornbread mix (gluten-free all-purpose flour - cornmeal - sugar - baking powder - salt)
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- ¼ pound cremini mushrooms
- 1½ cups cooked white beans
- 1½ cups cooked red beans
- 1 cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Chili spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1¾ cups diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup diced mild green chiles
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
Cornbread is the ultimate American dish, dating back to Native Americans who used ground corn as flour to make bread. It acquired its cake-like qualities in the 19th century with the invention of baking powder and baking soda, which leavened the bread, making it lighter.
Calories: 640, Protein: 17g (34% DV), Fiber: 16g (64% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 40mg (13% DV), Sodium: 610mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 91g (30% DV), Total Sugars: 28g, Added Sugars: (Granulated sugar): 16g (32% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ½ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.