In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Two bean–mushroom chili with gluten-free cornbread
Gluten-Free Friendly, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
Our vegetarian red and white bean chili is perfect for a quick dinner; we send the gluten-free cornbread mix so it comes together almost instantly.
In your bag
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- Sunbasket gluten-free cornbread mix (gluten-free all-purpose flour - cornmeal - sugar - baking powder - salt)
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- ¼ pound cremini mushrooms
- 1½ cups cooked white beans
- 1½ cups cooked red beans
- 1 cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Chili spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1¾ cups diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup diced mild green chiles
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
Nutrition per serving
Calories 640, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 40mg (13% DV), Sodium 610mg (27% DV), Total Carb. 91g (33% DV), Fiber 16g (57% DV), Total Sugars 28g (Incl. 16g Added Sugars, 32% DV), Protein 17g
Contains: Milk, Eggs
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Bake the cornbread
- Lightly grease a 6-well muffin pan, small (8-inch) ovenproof frying pan, or medium (8 by 8 inches) baking dish with butter or neutral oil.
- Measure out ½ cup milk; save the rest for another use.
While the cornbread bakes and cools, prepare the chili.
Prep the chili ingredients
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Trim the stem ends from the mushrooms; cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Rinse the white and red beans.
Cook the chili
Add the vegetable broth, tomatoes, green chiles, beans, and 1½ cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chili thickens, 15 to 18 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
When the chili is almost done, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Grease the muffin pan.
- Stir together the cornbread batter.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Rinse the beans.
- Serve the meal.