Almond-milk date shakes & Bombay scrambled eggs
Paleo, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Dairy Free
15 – 25 Minutes
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup dates
- Fresh mint
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs
- Sun Basket curry paste (fresh ginger - fresh garlic - turmeric - coriander - olive oil - salt)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots (optional; contains soy)
- 2 ounces baby spinach
Prep the ingredients
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Coarsely chop the dates.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems.
Blend the shakes
Prep the eggs
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and lightly beat. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook the scramble
Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until half the liquid has evaporated and the tomatoes are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in the eggs and cook, stirring gently, until the eggs are set but still moist, 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition per serving:
SHAKE: Calories: 250 Protein: 7 g, Total Fat: 15 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 9 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg Carbohydrates: 27g, Fiber: 5 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 75 mg
Contains: tree nuts
EGGS: Calories: 240 Protein: 12 g, Total Fat: 18 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 10 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 3.5 g, Cholesterol: 325 mg, Carbohydrates: 7 g, Fiber: 2 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 380 mg
Contains: eggs, soy