Fried eggs with New Mexican chile salsa & Strawberry-chia smoothies with granola topping
5 – 10 Minutes
Called Anaheims when fresh and green, dried New Mexican chiles taste earthy with a subtle cherry flavor. They’re delicious blended with dried oregano and ground coriander in our savory salsa that tops fried eggs. Strawberries, black chia seeds, and granola all add up to a creamy, crunchy, nutrient-packed meal in a glass to jump-start your day.
In your bag
- FRIED EGGS WITH NEW MEXICAN CHILE SALSA:
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs
- New Mexican chile salsa (New Mexican chiles - olive oil - fresh garlic - dried oregano - coriander - salt)
- 1 ounce queso fresco
STRAWBERRY-CHIA SMOOTHIES WITH GRANOLA TOPPING:
- ½ pound fresh strawberries
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon black chia seeds
- ¼ cup coconut-almond granola (contains wheat flakes and almonds)
Prep the cilantro and cook the eggs
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
Prep the strawberries
- Remove the green hulls from the strawberries; coarsely chop the berries.
Blend the ingredients
FRIED EGGS WITH NEW MEXICAN CHILE SALSA: Calories: 370, Protein: 14g (28% DV), Fiber: 1g (4% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 315mg (105% DV), Sodium: 970mg (40% DV), Carbohydrates: 5g (2% DV), Total Sugars: 1g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: milk, eggs
STRAWBERRY-CHIA SMOOTHIES WITH GRANOLA TOPPING: Calories: 210, Protein: 5g (10% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 7g (11% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 115mg (5% DV), Carbohydrates: 34g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugars (Maple syrup; granola): 13g (26% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: tree nuts, wheat