Two Breakfasts: Sausage-kale scramble & Overnight oats with dates, pecans, and cardamom
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
5 – 15 Minutes
In your bag
- SAUSAGE-KALE SCRAMBLE
- Four 1-ounce fresh breakfast sausage links
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 2 ounces baby kale
- OVERNIGHT OATS
- 2 or 3 Medjool dates (with pits)
- 1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- Maple-vanilla blend (maple syrup - vanilla extract)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ cup pecan pieces
Prep and cook the sausages
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel; prick with a fork.
Prep and cook the eggs
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs with salt and pepper.
Prep the oats
- Pull the dates away from their pits; cut the fruit into thin strips.
Finish the oats
- Coarsely chop the pecans.
SCRAMBLE: Calories: 300, Protein: 20 g, Total Fat: 21 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 9 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 350 mg, Carbohydrates: 3 g, Fiber: 1 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 540 mg,
OATS: Calories: 440, Protein: 9 g, Total Fat: 16 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Carbohydrates: 68 g, Fiber: 9 g, Added Sugar (Maple syrup; Almond milk contains trace amounts of organic cane sugar): 6 g, Sodium: 75 mg,
Contains: tree nuts