EXPLORE:

Strawberry-mint smoothies & Eggs with tomato-basil salsa

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Two Breakfasts

Strawberry-mint smoothies & Eggs with tomato-basil salsa

Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian

2 Servings, 410 Calories/Serving

5 – 10 Minutes

Peak-season strawberries blended with protein-rich Greek yogurt and chia seeds help kick-start your morning. And an easy salsa of cherry tomatoes and fresh basil on scrambled eggs will give you even more reason to hop out of bed.

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sun Basket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • STRAWBERRY-MINT SMOOTHIES
  • ¼ pound strawberries
  • Fresh mint
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • ¼ cup Greek yogurt
  • Maple-vanilla blend (maple syrup - vanilla extract)
  • 1 tablespoon black chia seeds
  • EGGS WITH TOMATO-BASIL SALSA
  • 2½ ounces cherry tomatoes
  • Fresh basil
  • 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
  • 4 pasture-raised organic eggs

Chef's Tip

Instead of glasses, pour the smoothie mixture into ice pop molds and freeze for a healthy frozen summer treat.

Nutrition per serving

SMOOTHIE: Calories: 210, Protein: 8g (16% DV), Fiber: 4g (16% DV), Total Fat: 9g (14% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 5mg (2% DV), Sodium: 300mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 23g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars (Maple syrup): 6g (12% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: milk
EGGS: Calories: 200, Protein: 11g (22% DV), Fiber: 0g (0% DV), Total Fat: 14g (22% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 310mg (103% DV), Sodium: 350mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 2g (1% DV), Total Sugars: 1g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: eggs

Instructions

2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use

1

Prep the smoothie ingredients

  • Remove the green hulls from the strawberries; cut the berries in half.
  • Strip the mint leaves from the stems.

2

Blend the ingredients

In a blender, combine the coconut milk, yogurt, maple-vanilla blend, strawberries, mint leaves, chia seeds, and 1 cup ice. Lightly season with salt and blend until smooth.

3

Serve

Pour into glasses and serve.

1

Make the tomato-basil salsa

  • Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
  • Strip the basil leaves from the stems; cut the leaves into thin strips.
In a small bowl, stir together the tomatoes, basil, and balsamic vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

2

Prep and cook the eggs

  • Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a whisk or fork, lightly beat until just blended.
In a small frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon butter or oil until hot but not smoking. Add the eggs and cook, stirring gently, until just set but still moist, 2 to 3 minutes.

3

Serve

Transfer the scramble to individual plates. Garnish with the tomato-basil salsa and serve.

Similar Recipes