Two breakfasts: Tomato-feta scramble & Peach-kale smoothie
Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Soy Free
- ¼ pound cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 1½ ounces crumbled feta
- 2 peaches
- 1 cup Pacific Foods almond milk
- ¼ pound baby kale
- ¼ cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons black chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
Prep the ingredients
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. With a whisk or fork, lightly beat them.
Cook the eggs
Stir in the tomatoes, basil, and feta cheese, and cook until the eggs are set but still moist, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
Make the smoothie
- Cut the peaches in half, remove the pits, and coarsely chop the fruit.
Nutrition per serving: EGGS: Calories: 210, Protein: 15 g, Total Fat: 15 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 345 mg, Carbohydrates: 4 g, Fiber: 1 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 540 mg
Contains: eggs, milk
SMOOTHIE: Calories: 280, Protein: 8 g, Total Fat: 12 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg Carbohydrates: 41 g, Fiber: 9 g, Added Sugar: 8 g, Sodium: 100 mg
Contains: tree nuts