In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Udon noodle salad with roasted butternut squash
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
Udon noodles are quick to cook and sturdy enough to stand up to a bowlful of vegetables in this easy Japanese-inspired vegetarian dinner.
In your bag
- ¾ pound chopped peeled butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ pound fresh udon noodles
- 2 or 3 radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cucumber
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
Calories 660, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 360mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 47g (17% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 6g Added Sugars, 12% DV), Protein 18g
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the squash
In a large bowl, combine the squash with the rice vinegar, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] neutral oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer the squash to a sheet pan and spread in an even layer. (Set aside the remaining rice vinegar mixture in the bowl for the udon and vegetable dressing.) Roast the squash, stirring halfway through, until tender and lightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes.
While the squash roasts, prepare the rest of the meal.
Cook the udon noodles
While the water heats and the udon cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
Toast the sesame seeds
Finish the dish
- Trim the ends from the cucumber; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then thinly slice on the diagonal.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Toss the squash with the seasonings and oil.
- Time the udon.
- Stir together the rice vinegar, radishes, ginger, and sesame oil.
- Toss the udon and vegetables.