In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Udon noodle soup with tofu, dashi, and soft-cooked eggs
2 Servings, 720 Calories/Serving
Ladle warm, mineral-rich broth over slippery fresh udon noodles and crisped tofu, and top with tender eggs and our favorite Japanese fixings for an easy vegetarian dinner.
In your bag
- ½ ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- ½ pound fresh udon noodles
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 3 scallions
- 5 ounces shredded Savoy cabbage
- Sunbasket miso noodle soup base (yellow miso - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- One 4-inch square kombu
- Nori strips (for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon togarashi
Calories 720, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 155mg (52% DV), Sodium 1330mg (58% DV), Total Carb. 25g (9% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 45g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV).
Wash produce before use
Prep the mushrooms
While the mushrooms soak, prepare the udon noodles and the eggs.
Cook the udon noodles and eggs
Return the pot of water to a boil and fill a small bowl with ice water. Carefully lower the eggs into the boiling water and cook for exactly 5 minutes for soft-cooked (for hard-cooked eggs, cook for 3 to 4 minutes longer). Transfer the eggs to the ice water to cool. Carefully peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Wipe out the pot.
While the water heats and the udon and eggs cook, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the tofu
- Cut the tofu crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices.
While the tofu cooks, prepare the scallions.
Prep the scallions; make the scallion oil
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
Cook the soup
- Using a slotted spoon or fork, transfer the mushrooms to a cutting board to cool slightly. Discard the stems and soaking liquid; thinly slice the mushroom caps.