In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Vegan kale and farro Caesar salad with pine nuts and tomatoes
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Vegan, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
Put a hot new twist on a cool club classic! Toss this protein-packed salad with our special vegan Caesar dressing—a dreamy blend of almond milk, cashew butter, lemon juice, capers, and fresh garlic.
In your bag
- ½ cup farro
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 3 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket vegan Caesar dressing (almond milk - cashew butter - lemon juice - Dijon mustard - capers - coconut aminos - kosher salt - nutritional yeast - garlic - black pepper - onion powder)
Calories 420, Total Fat 22g (28% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 600mg (26% DV), Total Carb. 43g (16% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 15g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond, coconut, cashew, pine nut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the farro
In a small sauce pot, combine the farro and 1½ cups [3 cups] lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the grains are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain, return to the pot, and set aside. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; toast the pine nuts
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
In a dry medium frying pan over medium-low heat, toast the pine nuts, stirring often, until lightly browned and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
Assemble the salad
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, romaine, dill, pine nuts, kale, and farro. Add half the Caesar dressing and toss to coat (set aside the remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad to individual bowls and serve the remaining dressing on the side.
- Combine the farro and water.
- Time the farro.
- Assemble the salad.
- Transfer the salad to bowls.