In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Vegan kale and farro Caesar salad with pine nuts and tomatoes
Family-Friendly, Vegan, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
Sun Basket’s vegan version of this iconic salad dressing is so good, it might make you reconsider conventional Caesar. Even better: the resulting salad comes together in 15 minutes.
In your bag
- ½ cup farro
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 head organic Artisan or other lettuce
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 3 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
- Sun Basket vegan Caesar dressing (almond milk - cashew butter - lemon juice - Dijon mustard - capers - vegan Worcestershire - kosher salt - nutritional yeast - garlic - black pepper - onion powder)
Calories: 520, Protein: 18g (36% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 870mg (36% DV), Carbohydrates: 61g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond, cashew, pine nut), Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the farro
While the farro cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; toast the pine nuts
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
Assemble the salad
- Combine the farro and water.
- Time the farro.
- Assemble the salad.