Vegetables in parchment with Green Goddess dressing and soft-cooked eggs
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Low Calorie
35 - 45 Minutes
Baking foods in parchment brings out their natural flavors while keeping in their nutrients. The rainbow of vegetables in these packets offers an alphabet of vitamins and minerals; shiitake mushrooms, for instance, contain a substance called eritadenine, which helps lower cholesterol levels. Our pasture-raised organic eggs are rich in heart-healthy omega-3s; for more good-for-you fats, Chef Justine drizzles the baked packets with our custom Green Goddess dressing.
- ¼ pound broccoli crowns
- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 6 ounces green beans
- 1/3 cup cooked butter beans
- Fresh basil
- 2 ounces baby spinach
- 2 sheets parchment paper
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- Sun Basket paleo Green Goddess dressing (Primal Kitchen paleo mayonnaise - apple cider vinegar - scallions - parsley - fresh garlic - salt)
Prep the vegetables
- Cut the broccoli crowns into 1-inch florets.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms; cut the caps into ¼-inch slices.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans; cut the beans in half on the diagonal.
- Rinse the butter beans.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Assemble the parchment packets
Working with 1 sheet at a time, bring 2 opposite sides of the parchment to the center and fold them together several times to create a tight seam. Fold up each end to form a tight seal.
Bake the packets
While the vegetables bake, prepare the eggs.
Cook the eggs
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 540, Protein: 11g, Total Fat: 47g, Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 36g, Cholesterol: 185mg, Carbohydrates: 20g, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g, Sodium: 850mg