In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Vegetables in parchment with green goddess dressing and soft-cooked eggs
Family-Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
This vegetable-centered main course gets an added boost of flavor from our bright, herbal green goddess dressing, plus protein from white beans and eggs.
In your bag
- ¼ pound broccoli (see Market Watch note)
- 3 ounces cremini or other button mushrooms
- 6 ounces green beans
- ⅓ cup cooked white beans
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh basil or other leafy herb such as parsley
- 2 ounces baby greens such as spinach or kale
- 2 sheets parchment paper
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- ½ cup walnuts
- Sun Basket green goddess dressing (Greek yogurt - scallions - parsley - apple cider vinegar - fresh garlic - kosher salt)
If you’re looking for an easier way to peel the eggs, using a serrated knife, cut the cooked eggs in half lengthwise (shell and all!) and scoop out each half with a spoon.
Make It Leaner
Our green goddess dressing is delicious, but a little can go a long way. Save yourself calories and fat by using just a small dollop; the rest can be refrigerated for later use. Just decreasing the dressing from 1 tablespoon to 1 teaspoon per serving will save you 40 calories and 5 grams of fat.
Because early spring weather can be hard on brassicas, instead of broccoli crowns, you may receive organic cauliflower, baby broccoli, or Brussels sprouts in your bag. Follow these prep instructions, then proceed with the recipe as written.
For cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
For baby broccoli, trim the root ends and cut the broccoli into 1-inch lengths.
For Brussels sprouts, trim the stem ends and cut the sprouts in half lengthwise.
Calories: 590, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 48g (74% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 380mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates: 24g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise; cut any large mushrooms into quarters.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans; cut the beans in half on the diagonal.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Assemble the parchment packets
Working with 1 sheet at a time, bring 2 opposite sides of the parchment to the center and fold them together several times to create a tight seam. Fold up each end to form a tight seal.
Bake the packets
While the vegetables bake, prepare the eggs.
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, prepare the walnuts.
Prep the walnuts
- Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Snap off the stem ends from the green beans by hand.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Break up the walnuts by hand.
- Peel the eggs.