Vegetarian sausage and sweet potato stir-fry with olive relish
The “Italian sausage” in this dish is neither Italian nor sausage. It’s seitan, a traditional Japanese food made from wheat. It has a meat-like texture and a hearty flavor—and it’s high in protein and low in fat.
In your bag
- 1 to 2 Garnet sweet potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- ½ pound curly kale
- 1½ ounces Kalamata olives
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 ounce sprouted almonds
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- ½ pound Upton Italian seitan sausage
- ½ cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
Calories: 720, Protein: 43 g, Fiber: 13 g, Total Fat: 28 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 19 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5 g, Saturated Fat: 2.5 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 1190 mg, Carbohydrates: 80 g, Added Sugar: 0 g.