In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Velvety mushroom bucatini with kale and Marcona almond salad
Vegan, Family-Friendly, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Button and porcini mushrooms bring big umami to a deceptively rich and velvety vegan sauce for slurpable bucatini.
In your bag
- ⅓ cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 5 ounces bucatini
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 6 ounces cremini or other button mushrooms
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons white miso
- 1 lemon
- 2½ tablespoons Marcona almonds
- 3 ounces kale or other baby greens such as spinach
Nutritional yeast is an umami-packed deactivated yeast that makes for an ideal dairy-free alternative to Parmesan. It boasts an equally nutty and tangy bite without any cholesterol and much lower sodium.
Calories: 650, Protein: 21g (42% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 360mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 71g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soak the porcini
While the mushrooms soak, prepare the bucatini.
Cook the bucatini
While the bucatini cooks, prepare the ingredients for the sauce.
Prep the sauce ingredients
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons [1 TBL].
- Peel and coarsely chop the shallots.
- Thinly slice the button mushrooms.
- Drain the porcini and coarsely chop.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Divide into two equal portions, one for the sauce and one for the salad.
Cook the sauce
Remove from the heat and stir in the white miso. Add the bucatini and half the parsley, toss to coat in the sauce, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the sauce cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest both lemons; juice 1 lemon.]
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Toss the salad.