In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Vietnamese banh xeo crepes with pork and nuoc cham dipping sauce
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
Banh xeo is a Vietnamese-style crepe served in lettuce leaves with fresh, crisp garnishes. Make the crepe batter a day ahead for an even shorter prep time.
In your bag
- Sunbasket banh xeo crepe mix (rice flour - cornstarch - ground turmeric)
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 head lettuce (such as romaine or green leaf)
- 5 or 6 sprigs fresh mint
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- Sunbasket nuoc cham base (fish sauce - garlic - coconut sugar)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 2 pork blade steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 scallions
- ¼ pound sprouts (such as mung bean or alfalfa)
Calories 580, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 100mg (33% DV), Sodium 1310mg (57% DV), Total Carb. 52g (19% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 38g
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the crepe batter
Prep the garnishes; make the nuoc cham sauce
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; separate the leaves and cut any larger leaves in half crosswise.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems.
- Remove any coarse stems from the cilantro sprigs.
- Juice the lime.
Cook the pork and onion
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel. Cut the pork crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
Make the crepes
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Stir the crepe batter; add the scallions and stir to incorporate.
Sprinkle half the sprouts over the crepe. Using a spatula to loosen the sides, gently lift and fold the crepe in half and transfer to an individual plate. Repeat to make a second crepe, adding 1 teaspoon oil if the pan is dry. [Repeat to make 4 crepes total.]
- Stir together the crepe batter.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Juice the lime.
- Arrange the garnishes on the plates.