In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Vietnamese beef salad with zucchini ribbons and pickled vegetables
Keto-Friendly, Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
Want to up your vegetable game? We have two words for you: zucchini ribbons. Packed with fiber and vitamin C, zucchini creates a feel-good base for our twist on Vietnamese noodle salad.
In your bag
- 3 or 4 organic radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sunbasket Asian quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey - fish sauce)
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - extra virgin olive oil - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- 1½ teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Calories 460, Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 530mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 21g (8% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 6g Added Sugars, 12% DV), Protein 23g
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Sesame (sesame)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the radishes and carrots
- Thinly slice the radishes.
In a medium bowl, combine the radishes, carrots, and Asian quick-pickle brine. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the cabbage and zucchini
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Lay the zucchini flat. Trim and discard the round end. Holding the stem end secure, using a peeler, shave the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons. Pat dry with a paper towel.
In a medium bowl, toss the cabbage and zucchini with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the ground meat
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the ground meat, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the lemongrass paste and cook until the meat is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the cabbage and zucchini ribbons to individual bowls. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pickled vegetables from the brine and add as many as you like. Drizzle the salad with some of the pickle brine and top with the ground meat. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve any remaining pickled vegetables on the side.
- Stir the pickled vegetables.
- Pat the zucchini ribbons dry.
- Transfer the cabbage and zucchini to bowls.
- Remove the pickled vegetables from the brine.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds.