In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Vietnamese beef salad with zucchini ribbons and pickled vegetables
Dairy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
For a twist on the traditional Vietnamese noodle bowl, we swap zucchini ribbons for rice noodles and pair them with bright pickled vegetables and your selected protein.
In your bag
- 3 or 4 organic radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- Sun Basket Asian savory pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey - fish sauce)
- 1 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 wedge organic green or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - extra virgin olive oil - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- 1½ teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Calories: 460, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 720mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 26g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 9g (18% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the radishes and carrots
- Thinly slice the radishes.
In a medium bowl, combine the radishes, carrots, and Asian savory pickle brine. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the zucchini and cabbage
- Lay the zucchini flat. Trim and discard the round end. Holding the stem end secure, using a peeler, shave the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
Prep and cook your protein
- Ground meat: Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; cut any large pieces into 1-inch pieces
In a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring and breaking up the ground meat if using, until your protein is lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the lemongrass paste and cook until your protein is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the zucchini ribbons and cabbage to individual bowls. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pickled vegetables from the brine, add as many as you like, and top with your protein. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve any remaining pickled vegetables on the side.
- Stir the pickled vegetables.
- Pat the zucchini ribbons dry.
- Transfer the zucchini and cabbage to bowls.
- Remove the pickled vegetables from the brine.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds.