In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Vietnamese chicken noodle soup
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 490 Calories/Serving
A pungent fermented fish ingredient, fish sauce is key to achieving that deep pho flavor in this Vietnamese chicken noodle soup.
In your bag
- 3½ ounces glass (mung bean) noodles
- Sunbasket chicken soup base (fresh garlic - fresh ginger - lemongrass - cloves - star anise - cinnamon)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ¾ pound organic mustard greens
- 1 organic lime
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile such as serrano (optional)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai (or Italian) basil
- 1½ teaspoons fish sauce
- Organic mung bean sprouts (see Market Watch note)
Calories 490, Total Fat 8g (10% DV), Sat. Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 300mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 61g (22% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 46g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Soak the glass noodles
While the water heats and the noodles soak, prepare the chicken and start the pho.
Cook the chicken; start the pho broth
While the chicken cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the mustard greens and garnishes; finish the pho broth
- Save half the mustard greens for another use. Remove any coarse stems from the remaining mustard greens; thinly slice the greens crosswise.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem; thinly slice the jalapeño crosswise. Wash your hands after handling.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems.
- Measure the water for the broth.
- Remove the coarse stems from the mustard greens.
- Strip the basil leaves.