In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Vietnamese fisherman’s stew with bok choy and lemongrass
Paleo, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Fish bones are rich in protein and gelatin and make deeply flavorful stocks. which is why we include them in this rustic Vietnamese soup. Resist the urge to stir the broth too much, which can cause some of the aromatics to settle. In Asian kitchens, cloudy broths are the sign of a good cook.
In your bag
- 1 to 2 shallots
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-inch piece ginger
- 1 serrano chile
- 3 tomatoes
- 5 ounces fish bones
- 10 ounces cod fillet
- 2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 to 2 heads bok choy
- Small bunch cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fried garlic
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
Wash produce before use
- Peel shallot and cut into thin slices.
- Slice lemongrass and pound it gently with the side of a knife.
- Peel garlic and ginger and mince.
- Rinse serrano and cut into thin slices. Scrape out the seeds if you want a less spicy soup.
- Rinse the tomatoes and coarsely chop.
- Slice fish on a sharp angle and toss with fish sauce.
- Rinse the bok choy and slice crosswise into ½-inch pieces.
- Rinse and dry cilantro and coarsely chop.
- Cut lime into wedges.