In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Vietnamese garlic noodles with warm eggplant salad
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
These Vietnamese-American garlic noodles are like a grown-up version of childhood buttered noodles, without the dairy; our simple eggplant side is punched up with tamari, rice vinegar, and sesame oil.
In your bag
- 1 organic globe eggplant
- 6 ounces fresh ramen noodles
- 1 wedge organic Savoy or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 3 ounces braising greens or other leafy greens
- Asian seasoning blend (gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - sesame oil)
- 2 or 3 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Sunbasket vegan “oyster sauce” blend (gluten-free tamari - coconut aminos - canola oil - red miso - dried plums - fresh garlic - molasses - fresh ginger - porcini powder)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
Calories 580, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 660mg (29% DV), Total Carb. 75g (27% DV), Fiber 18g (64% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 18g
Contains: Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the eggplant
- Remove the stem from the eggplant; cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise into 1-inch-thick strips, the strips lengthwise into 1-inch-wide sticks, and the sticks crosswise into 1-inch cubes.
While the eggplant roasts, prepare the ramen.
Cook the ramen
While the water heats and the ramen cooks, prepare the cabbage and braising greens.
Prep and cook the cabbage and greens
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; cut the cabbage crosswise into 1-inch-wide strips.
Working in batches if needed, stir in the braising greens and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] Asian seasoning blend and cook until the braising greens are just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more Asian seasoning blend, if desired. Transfer to the bowl with the cabbage. Add more oil between batches if needed.
While the cabbage and braising greens cook, finish the garlic noodles.
Finish the garlic noodles
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 2 teaspoons [4 tsp].
Finish the warm eggplant salad
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Toss the eggplant with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Time the ramen.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Toss the eggplant salad.